Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Fragrant

“and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:2

The Holy Spirit is like a smoke that descends into a house of prayer. (Isaiah 6:4) A fragrant cloud of love and mystery filling and expanding to every cavity, as smoke can, pressing the temple walls. Thickening from the incendiary heart that worships "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." Thickening to dispel fleshes provisions, the root of my struggle. Pulling the reins of “Brother Ass” in an exhale of offering I share in joy with my joint-heir, Jesus the Christ. Billowing out from the windows of my soul and the door of my heart onto Broadway; the fragrance covers the gutters of fallen creation and the cobblestone of hardened souls. Roughshod over cobblestone rides the prince of this world wielding weapon slicing smoke, prowling for flesh to claim. A breath, Yahweh, from the cold stone rising to enter His Throneroom. “Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.” Lord, may my fragrance be only that of Christ -- so thick that I can not even be seen or heard. Selah. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home